Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Final Days of Summer


I know that summer doesn't technically end for another ten days, but I don't care.  I'm pining for it to be fall in the worst kind of way.  I've probably been driving all of my friends nuts over Pinterest since I've started populating my recently-created (and completely awesome) Fall and Winter Board.

Oh, yeah.  Believe it.

I just want it to be cold and rainy and crisp so badly.  I want the leaves to change color and crunch under my feet.   I want to wear boots and scarves and knit cardigans.  I want big family dinners and nights in front of a warm fire and Halloween decorations.  I want to sit in a cafe when it's gloomy outside and write to my heart's content.  I want to actually want the steaming mug of pumpkin spice latte I order from Starbucks, instead of just ordering it because it's there and, well, why wouldn't it?

I want the world to feel cozy again.  And new.  This is my mission in life: to make it as cozy as humanely possible.

I know that the fall usually signifies the slow slide into winter, when life generally hibernates and waits to renew in the spring.  But, for me, fall has always been about feeling refreshed and awake.  About celebrating what was and starting over again.  And being close to people.

Is it just me, or does the country seem friendlier during these last few months of the year?

I can't wait for the fall.  As I've said before, from October 1st through Christmas Day, I'm usually at my absolute happiest.  The only thing that can dampen this unbridled giddiness is the fact that, living in Northern California, we don't experience the fall as much as I'd like.  But I'll take a drive up into the Sierra's and take what I can get.

What's your favorite season?


[Photo source: http://le-pistachio.tumblr.com/post/30300709963]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...