Friday, March 23, 2012

It's Friday, and May the Odds Be Ever In Your Favor


Guess who's seeing The Hunger Games tonight!  THIS GIRL.  

So, a couple of confessions before the curtains go up: 
  1. I have been really strangely resistant to reading these books.  I bought the first book about 6 months ago when my book club read it and, for some reason, I couldn't finish it.  I stopped right as Katniss runs out of the Cornucopia at the start of The Games and just couldn't muster the desire to pick it back up again.  Then I tried listening to it on audiobook during my workouts and while on the road trip with my sister, but on audiobook this thing takes like, 11 days to finish or something.  Didn't happen.  But then my friends decided that they were going to see the movie on opening night, and I really wanted to go because the trailers look great, so I pulled the book out on Tuesday night and finished it on Wednesday.  At 3 a.m.  And now I'm wondering what the heck was wrong with me all these months.
  2. Are we doing teams for this series as well?  Because if so: Team Peeta.  Everyone else can suck it.
  3. Finally, I'm obsessed: The soundtrack for this movie is SO GOOD.  They've completely got the tone of the book down in terms of music.  Folksy, country, sad, intense.  I'm in heaven.
Knowing my personality, I'll be completely destroyed at the end of the movie and will be able to think of little else until I finish the next two books.  It's a cross I bear, getting too emotionally involved with fictional characters.  

Really, you should have seen me after I read Romeo & Juliet for the first time.  I don't think I spoke for three days.  ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...