Thursday, January 5, 2012

[Girl♥Health]: Daily Workout Stats

Type of Workout:  Walk and run on treadmill (at 7am)
Duration:  56 min.
Calories Burned:  339 cal.
Description:  2 mile walk on the treadmill, followed by a 1 mile run on the treadmill.  .1 mile cool down walk and stretch.

Do you know what my word of the day is today?  PAIN.  Pain, pain, pain, pain, PAIN.  And it's really a toss up as to what hurts more: my muscles (thighs mostly, though abs are putting up a fight too) which have not experienced this much consistent exercise since the end of November, or the humongous blister I have on the side of my foot right below my big toe.

Really, can you imagine how I'm walking right now?  I'm hobbling.  And yet still, still I want to exercise tomorrow.  But I'm thinking of resting on the running for a day.  Definitely doing the walk, but then trying some pilates or something instead.  Or back strengthening exercises.  Whichever.  Anything but smashing on my foot some more.

The really craptastic part is that I'm thinking this means I need to consider investing in better shoes.  I'm hopeful it's a fluke blister (because why now?  why not when I was running more consistently back in October?) since it's not like I'm rolling in cash right now, but if I get any more of these suckers, new shoes it is.

Got any favorite running shoes?


****************************************
I'm currently working to figure out The Mystery of the Disappearing Comment Link.  Until then, if you'd like to comment on this post, just click on the post title.  It'll take you to the posts' individual page and you can comment at the bottom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...