Friday, October 7, 2011

[Girl♥Health]: Daily Workout Stats

Type of Workout:  Treadmill - run/walk
Duration:  30 min.
Calories Burned:  217 cal.
Description:  10 min warm up walk, next 15 min alternate between 1 min walking and 2 min running, 5 min cool-down walk.  Stretch for 15 min.

Today's post is coming a bit late because I seem to be running late all over the place.  I woke up well passed 9am, stayed in bed until well passed 10am, did my workout, stretched, then laid on my mat dozing for another 20 min before finally getting up, taking the longest shower on earth, and getting started with my day.  It's noon.

It's been a strange morning.

But the run was great.  My butt (I know I should probably call it my glute or something, but I'm just a "butt" kind of gal) feels super tight, so I spent some extra time stretching it out after the run.  I'm starting to worry more about more about my 5k, and that I won't be able to run the whole thing.  I know for someone who hasn't run in forever, running 3.1 miles straight right off the bat probably sounded like an unrealistic goal, but I really want to do it.  So I guess I should stop focusing on my doubts and just concentrate on my accomplishments.  Think positive!...or something.

Oh, so as an update to my attempts to wake up early on internship days?  It didn't happen yesterday.  It's my first sort of "failure" of this whole journey and, though I know there will be others, I feel really bad about it.  So I'll renew my efforts and try again next week.  (See?  That's me thinking positive.)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...