Friday, September 9, 2011

[Girl♥Health]: September Rolls On

As promised, I wanted to share how I anticipate things going for me this month.  This mini-action plan will essentially be how I get real with The Method to My Madness plan -- in other words, how I put all that stuff I was saying into action.  So that means including measurable goals, key activities I can actually do right now, and (best of all) a reward at the end of the month to keep me motivated and moving forward.

September in a Nutshell

Goals:
My main EXERCISE goal for the month is to just get used to working out regularly, to get back in the swing of things so that at a certain point I just anticipate making time for workouts on a daily basis, rather than having to move my schedule around when I remember it at the last minute.  I also want to try out a bunch of different workouts so there's more for me to choose from. So that means trying my hand at yoga for the first time (the FIRST time!), getting my butt to a pilates class rather than just using my trusty old DVD player, and doing more hiking and running and other such fun stuff.  

In terms of my FOOD goals this month, it's pretty straight forward.  By the end of the month, I want to have stopped purchasing animal products that do not say "sustainably/humanely/naturally raised" on it somewhere.  I realize that better products are significantly more expensive than your run of the mill steak and that's fine since I'm also trying to reduce my consumption of meat products in general.  See how this all works together?  And my second goal of the month is start eating my meals more regularly -- so start eating breakfast (which I haven't done since the 6th grade), eating a larger lunch, snacks through the day, and a smaller dinner.

Key Activities:
Eat breakfast, lunch and small snacks (daily)
Run on the treadmill -- I use Women's Health Magazine's running guide for beginners (6 days a week)
Pilates at home -- I use the Stott Basic Pilates DVD (3 days a week)
Hiking (at least once a week)
Try yoga -- on DVD or at a class (at least once)
Try a pilates class (at least once)
Go to farmers markets -- where products are better and I can learn more about seasonal eating (biweekly)
Read food labels -- don't buy what I can't pronounce and what's not naturally raised

Reward:
A new running jacket so that when it chills a bit here and I start taking my daily runs outside, I won't freeze my ass off!  Now where's the nearest Lululemon...

And because it's a beautiful Friday here, I thought I'd share some pictures of Finn and I on one of our weekly hikes up to the hills to get some great views!




Happy Friday!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...