Friday, September 30, 2011

[Girl♥Health]: Daily Workout Stats

Type of Workout:  Treadmill - run/walk
Duration:  25 min.
Calories Burned:  177.1 cal.
Description:  10 min warm up walk, next 12 min alternate between 1 min walking and 2 min running, 3 min cool-down walk.

Today was a somewhat unusual day.  On a typical day, I'll wake up and head straight for the treadmill.  I do this because the first hour of my day is [surprisingly] my most productive and energetic; the longer in the day I wait to workout, the more tired and low-energy I become and the less likely I am to actually do it.  But today was a little different because I woke up later than expected (once again) and jumped straight onto a call with Molly over at Stratejoy.  By the time the call was finished, it was 11am and I had yet to run.

However, just to show how well I've incorporated exercise into my psyche, the thought didn't even cross my mind not to actually workout today.  Instead, as soon as the call was over, I changed my clothes, laced up my shoes, and began my run.  Little victory #1!

The run itself was good, but not easy.  I'm pretty much back on track for where I left off, so today's run/walk was the most I've run since forever ago (here's where I wanted to make some self-deprecating comment about how I know what I actually ran isn't much and yes, it's slightly embarrassing, and blah blah blah.  But then I thought, screw it, at least I'm doing something) and I definitely felt the effort it took.  I got really tired around minute 18 and definitely wanted to stop, but I didn't so little victory #2!

I followed up my run/walk with some stretches that The Fitnessista posted in a video this week.  That felt nice, especially on my calf muscles which I noticed were cramping a little this morning.

All in all, a late but great start to a Friday!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...