Wednesday, September 21, 2011

[Girl♥Health]: Daily Workout Stats

Type of Workout:  Treadmill - walk
Duration:  20 min.
Calories Burned:  93.1
Description:  This was just a straight forward, 20 min walk.

My back is still giving me a lot of pain, so I was hesitant to get back on the treadmill.  I definitely scrapped Pilates from my workout today, but I felt like I needed to do something just to get back into the mindset of exercising daily after about a week of doing nothing (both because of back pain and because I was in Hawaii for a wedding).  The walk still gave me some twinges of pain, but I think the mental benefits of working out again totally outweighed the physical crapfest.

I was lucky enough to have my mom -- massage therapist extraordinaire among about a million other amazing things she does -- give me a back massage while I was home visiting and there was definitely a thick band of tense muscles in the lower section of my back. I'm considering going to a chiropractor to see if it has something to do with my spine.  I'm also going to try a few suggestions my best friend gave me once I can move a little more fluidly (i.e. strengthening core muscles with planks -- ohhhh, how I hate planks -- and sit-ups, strengthening my back, and continuing to stretch it out several times a day).
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...